Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First Dance Song Ideas

Wedding love songs are an unforgettable part of the reception for many brides and grooms. The first dance song is usually the one that stands out, as do the songs used in the father-daughter and mother-son dances.

Need some ideas for romantic wedding songs? Here's a list of ideas that reflect a wide range of tastes, so pick a few that suit you best.

Classic Love Songs. These are the sweet, special love songs that most of your guests will probably know. They're not too sappy, but definitely have that first dance wedding feel.

  • Aerosmith-- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
  • The Bangles-- Eternal Flame
  • The Beatles-- And I Love Her
  • Tony Bennett-- The Way You Look Tonight
  • Bon Jovi-- I'll Be There for You
  • Toni Braxton-- Breathe Again
  • Belinda Carlyle-- Circles in the Sand
  • Chicago-- You're the Inspiration
  • Celine Dion-- The Power of Love
  • Nat King Cole-- When I Fall in Love
  • Gloria Estefan-- Live for Loving You
  • Peter Gabriel-- In Your Eyes
  • Faith Hill-- Breathe
  • Foreigner-- Waiting for a Girl Like You
  • Etta James-- At Last
  • Elton John-- Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
  • Elton John-- Your Song
  • Michael Penn-- No Myth
  • The Police-- Every Breath You Take
  • Elvis Presley-- I Can't Help Falling In Love With You
  • Elvis Presley-- My Wish Came True
  • REO Speedwagon-- Can't Fight This Feeling
  • Lionel Richie-- Hello
  • Lionel Richie-- Truly
  • Seal-- Kiss From a Rose
  • Simon and Garfunkel-- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
  • Percy Sledge-- When a Man Loves a Woman
  • Rod Stewart-- Have I Told You Lately?
  • U2-- All I Want is You
  • Shania Twain-- From This Moment On
  • Shania Twain-- Forever and For Always
  • Luther Vandross-- Always and Forever
  • Stevie Wonder-- I Just Called to Say I Love You
  • Trisha Yearwood- How Do I Live

Popular Love Songs. These are more contemporary songs that have been on the charts for the last few years. If you're a younger couple, why not choose one of the songs you grew up with?

  • Aaliyah-- One in a Million
  • Ashanti-- Only U
  • Natasha Beddingfield-- These Words
  • Beyonce-- Crazy in Love
  • Mariah Carey-- We Belong Together
  • Vanessa Carlton-- A Thousand Miles
  • Kelly Clarkson-- A Moment Like This
  • Coldplay-- Yellow
  • Nelly Furtado-- Childhood Dreams
  • Hoobastank-- The Reason
  • Lil' Romeo-- My Cinderella
  • No Doubt-- Underneath it All
  • Oasis-- Wonderwall
  • Ja Rule-- Put it On Me
  • Usher-- U Got it Bad
  • Usher and Alisha Keys-- My Boo

Love Songs With a Little Edge. If you're not the typical couple and want a song that's a little different, here are some edgier and alternative love songs to consider.

  • Church-- Under the Milky Way
  • The Cure-- Lovesong
  • Depeche Mode-- Strangelove
  • The Doors-- Light My Fire
  • Fastball-- The Way
  • Guns N' Roses-- Sweet Child O' Mine
  • Billy Idol-- White Wedding
  • Nine Inch Nails-- Closer
  • REM-- At My Most Beautiful
  • Tupac Shakur-- Unconditional Love
  • Bruce Springsteen-- Dancing in the Dark
  • Whitesnake-- Is This Love?

Extra Cheesy Love Songs. If you want to go all out sappy, here are some perfect love songs for the job. Hey, it's a wedding! If you like sappy music, this is the place for it.

  • Air Supply-- Even the Nights
  • Debby Boone-- You Light Up My Life
  • The Carpenters-- Close to You
  • The Carpenters-- We've Only Just Begun
  • Celine Dion-- My Heart Will Go On
  • Whitney Houston-- I Will Always Love You
  • Journey-- Open Arms
  • Barry Manilow-- Can't Smile Without You
  • Bette Midler-- The Wind Beneath My Wings
  • Olivia Newton John-- Hopelessly Devoted to You
  • Diana Ross & Lionel Richie-- Endless Love
  • Sonny & Cher-- I Got You Babe
  • Styx-- Babe I Love You