Monday, March 5, 2007

Hanging Decor

I found these at my local dollar store for valentine's day. I picked up one strand just so I wouldn't forget about them. I will have to go by today and see if they have them marked down on sale since Valentine's has passed now, but I also found them online by searching for mirror heart strand in google image search. Here's a picture from online. I bought the silver one at my local dollar store. The website I found only carried red and silver, but my dollar store in town here had purples, blues, pinks, reds, silvers, and gold colored strands. I thought they were super cute and just had to post them as a wedding idea. For anyone who can't find them, they look very easy to make. It's clear fishing wire tied to a small keyring. The Heart mirrors are just 2 flat mirrors (the ones I bought were about 1 inch tall) glued back to back on the fishing wire. They just looped the fishing wire through the holes in the beads going through the hole, back around one side of the bead then back through the hole so it would stay in place. they strand I bought is about 4 feet long and I paid $2 for one strand. I'm going back today to see if they are on sale after Valentine's to pick up more if they are. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet lol, but I figure they'd look great hanging over tables, along doorways, behind the head table, or who knows. I just hope to find enough left to collect about 15 - 20 strands. I should be able to find something to use them all, but hopefully without running out of strands. With the time involved in making them, I can't imagine it would save much cash to make them as it would to buy them, unless you decide you need a LOT of them. :) Enjoy!

My Mood: Giddy