- Local maps
- Entertainment section of the local paper
- List of phone numbers/addresses/email of anyone they may need to contact during their stay.
- Schedule of events and directions to the meeting places if you’re coordinating any activities for them.
- Recommendations for local pubs, restaurants, and sights.
- Bottle of water for each person, or juice boxes for kids.
- For anyone with wine makers in the family, add a small bottle of wine and a couple plastic champagne cups.
- Snack for each person (cookies, chocolates, local specialties, Cheese and Crackers snacks, granola bars)
- Menus from local restaurants
- A list of taxi and car services, including phone numbers
- Brochures for local amusements
- Directions to the nearest same-day dry cleaners (accidents happen)
- Local sources for fax, email, and FedEx (work doesn't always stop because you get married)
- Driving instructions from hotel to wedding location and back again
- Something for any children expected to be in the room.
- Something special to your region. Is there anything made in your host town or something particular to it? Include that as a little token/souvenir. Check your local tourist booth or city hall for any promotional items from the region.
For coffee lovers (make sure the hotel includes coffee makers in the rooms) gather small coffee samples, biscotti (or something) and flavored cream in a basket. Include some mints and the map and you have a great welcome basket.
Another idea for chocolate lovers is to gather some Hersey kisses and wrap in a cello bags with coordinating ribbon. Then add some homemade brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Tie bag / basket with ribbon or add a bow.