Thursday, May 3, 2007

Offbeat Bride: Taffeta-Free Alternatives for Independent Brides

I've finished reading one of the two books that I picked up on our weekend to Saskatoon. I've finished the book "Offbeat Bride: Taffeta-Free Alternatives for Independent Brides". I highly recommend this book for any bride who is struggling with peer family pressure in creating the wedding of her dreams. This book even teaches you some methods for kindly telling people to get their fingers out of your pie and how to direct those fingers to where you want/need them.

This book is divided into sections such as:
Part 1: Otherwise Engaged
Part 2: Vanity, Fashion, & other things we shouldn't care about
Part 3: In The Thick of It
Part 4: The Trifecta of Wedding Conflict: Loved Ones, Ceremony, and Sanity (My personal favorite section)
Part 5: The Wedding Itself
Part 6: As The Dust Settles


Check it out and view the chapters broken down in every section here. You can view Ariel Meadow Stalling's Official Offbeat Bride Website and Blog or her MySpace for Offbeat Brides.

My Mood: Awake