Friday, June 15, 2007

RE: Comment from Mike

Thanks Mike! I love to get comments, although you're only my second comment, and one was from one of my bored friends. lol It lets me know that someone out there has read my blog, and I'm very very happy to hear that one of my posts has helped someone out. I guess my blogging is not futile. To answer your question, my wedding will be (barring the unexpected that may bring a need to change) September 8th, 2008. We were engaged on December 22nd, 2006 and I wanted to have a good amount of time to plan everything, lots of time to DIY and try to save some money through careful planning. Congratulations to your daughter and your family(ies) on the upcoming wedding. I took a look at the website URL you left, and it is beautiful. I'm sure she will be thrilled with it.

We live in a smaller city, Estevan, approx 13000 people, in southeastern Saskatchewan. If we went to the capital city of Regina things would be even more expensive there, but being a smaller center, costs are smaller in reflection. But as far as the Plaza goes, it is very expensive for around this area. I have a couple other venues to interview yet, but their base pricing starts between $250-275, which is by far less than the Plaza.

Lol. Call me cheap, call me stingy, but I can't imagine starting a life together in debt. I want to remember the wedding day for all the glory and happy memories it brings, not the parts I'm still paying for down the road. But we're paying for our wedding all ourselves. I'm paying most of the wedding and my fiance is taking care of our honeymoon, which we'll take 6 months or so after the wedding. I'll be 25 when we marry and Dan will be 30. We've been together for a couple years already and have lived together for the last year and a bit. We have known each other for quite a while before we started dating.

We own a little house and thusly have a mortgage and a couple of car payments of course, so all and all, we can't afford, or in some cases, just don't want to afford to sink a lot of money into our wedding, but we don't want to sacrifice too much in getting a day that is uniquely us. Fortunately I have a very crafty mother and a Mother in Law and Grandmother in Law to be that are willing to help do anything they can. I'm sure we'll pull it all off somehow. :) Makes me very happy that things aren't too expensive here as in comparison to elsewhere.

Thank you very much again for your reply Mike. It was a highlight of my day. :) I look forward to possibly hearing from you again. If there's anything that you guys are researching, let me know. I have a lot of resources I haven't yet posted on. I was somewhat starting to give up a little until your comment let me know that I'm not the only one that reads this. lol.

My Mood: Enthralled